This is the ultimate buyer’s guide to the Best epoxy paint for metal . We would recommend using Direct to Metal DTM Paint – 1 Gallon 2-Part Epoxy Coating – White as it is one of the best products currently available in the market
Best 9 epoxy paint for metal – Our Choices
Best epoxy paint for metal Review
Direct to Metal DTM Paint - 1 Gallon 2-Part Epoxy Coating - White
- can be applied directly over sound rust areas
- will not chip or peel, indoor-outdoor use
- no need for primer or undercoat
- corrosion and flash rust resistant
- coverage: 350 square feet per gallon
Olympic Zeron One-Coat Epoxy Swimming Pool Paint - 6 Pack Blue Ice
- Save Hundreds - DO IT YOURSELF!
- Premium-Grade One Coat Epoxy pool coating
- Lasts up to 8 years
Rust-Oleum 7881830 7881-830 Appliance Epoxy, 12 Ounce (Pack of 1), White
- Ultra hard enamel
- Tough, durable epoxy coating is formulated for special needs of appliances, cabinets & other indoor metal appliances
- Superior abrasion and scratch resistance
- Provides Rust-Oleum Stops Rust protection
- Looks and feels like original appliance finish
TotalBoat TotalProtect Epoxy Barrier Coat System (White, Quart)
- High-build two part epoxy primer and barrier coat for use above and below the waterline
- Excellent for gelcoat blister prevention and repair work on fiberglass boats
- Provides superior protection on all underwater metals
- Easy to mix and apply by roller or spray. No sanding required. Fast drying primer creates a flexible, durable epoxy barrier coat.
- Available in your choice of White or Gray in Quart or Gallon size kits. Coverage: 225 sq. ft. per gallon (at 7 mils wet, not accounting for waste)
PJ1 16-GLS Gloss Black Epoxy Spray Paint (Aerosol), 12 oz
- PJ1 Fast Black Epoxy Paint provides a high gloss, porcelain-hard finish for all motorcycle frames and other metal components that require a factory-like durable finish
- PJ1 Gloss Clear Epoxy Paint is easy to apply and is both chip and scratch resistant
- Guards against rust and corrosion
- Dirt and mud wash right off with soap and water
Amazing GOOP 5400040 Coat-It Waterproof Epoxy Sealer & Protector - 2 lb Kit, Dark Gray
1 used from $23.09
- Easy to use – just pour, stir and apply
- Tough – reinforced with Kevlar fibers for superior strength
- Practical – enables boats to glide smoothly over debris and rocks
- Fast drying – sets and dries completely in 10-12 hours , waterproof
- Seals small leaks and splits in a single coat
Custom Shop - Black Epoxy Primer/Sealer 2.1 VOC (1/2 Gallon Kit) Anti-Corrosive DTM High-Performance Primer for Automotive and Industrial use Kit = 1 Qt. Epoxy Primer +1 Qt. Epoxy HDR.(1-1 Mix)
- Custom Shop – KEP Series Anti-Corrosive Epoxy Primer / Sealer is a 1 to 1 Mix Ratio high performance primer specifically designed to be used DTM (Direct to Metal). KEP Series Primer contains an advanced resin technology system that offers superior adhesion to Bare Metal, Steel, Bare Aluminum, Fiberglass, Gelcoat. Body Fillers and most properly prepared Rigid Plastics and sanded OEM Finishes.
- KEP Epoxy Primer is Lead and Chromate Free and its formulation contains a rich blend of Anti-Corrosive additives to achieve maximum defense against rust and corrosion. It also offers excellent salt spray resistance and is a fast dry product.
- Custom Shop – KEP Series Epoxy Primer is great as a DTM primer but also can be used as an excellent sealer for all single stage Urethane and Basecoat Clearcoat. If used as a sealer add 1/2 part of XR70 or UR70 reducer, topcoat or basecoat can be applied in 30 minutes. Using KEP allows for excellent topcoat gloss holdout.
- Available in Gray, Black and White in 1 quart kits, 2 quart kits, gallon kits and 2 gallon kits. Great for Automotive and Industrial applications. KEP is compatible with and can be top coated with most Automotive Paint brands like Custom Shop, Restoration Shop, PPG, House of Kolor, Valspar, etc.
- Lays down super smooth with an Easy ( 1 part to 1 part ) Mixing Ratio allows for more precise mixing, no induction time needed before application. Pot life is 4 hours once mixed. Custom Shop – KEP Series Anti-Corrosive Epoxy Primer is a 2.1 VOC lbs/gallon product that can be used coast to coast.
SprayMax 3680033, 2K Epoxy Rust-Cure Primer, Gray, Aerosol (1)
- 2K epoxy primer in an easy to use aerosol
- Activate, shake and spray
- Unique nozzle delivers spray gun results
- Adhesion to all metal surfaces
TotalBoat Krypton Copper Free Antifouling – Marine Ablative Boat Bottom Paint | For Fiberglass, Wood, Aluminum & Steel Boats | Ideal for Outdrives & Trim Tabs (Black, Gallon)
- COPPER-FREE, HIGH-PERFORMANCE MARINE ANTIFOULING BOAT BOTTOM PAINT provides superior single-season protection against barnacles, weeds, algae & slime.
- KRYPTON CAN BE APPLIED TO FIBERGLASS, WOOD, STEEL, IRON & ALUMINUM BOATS. Bottom paints are for use below the waterline only.
- BRIGHT COLORS ARE MORE VIBRANT THAN BOTTOM PAINTS CONTAINING COPPER BIOCIDE.
- EASY TO APPLY BY BRUSH, ROLLER, OR SPRAYING: For brushing, use a high-quality, natural bristle brush; for rolling, use a 3/16” nap or foam solvent-safe roller cover. Copolymer formula means that after application, there’s no maximum dry time to launch. So you can paint in the fall, store for the winter, and launch in the spring! You can also haul and relaunch without losing the effectiveness of the biocide.
- AVAILABLE IN FIVE BRIGHT, VIBRANT COLORS: Blue (Quart & Gallon), Black (Quart & Gallon), White (Quart & Gallon), Green (Gallon only), and Red (Gallon only). Coverage: 500 sq. ft. per gallon.
The popular epoxy paint for metal brands
One of the things we suggest to most of our readers is to buy the epoxy paint for metal from a well-known brand. Good brands provide, good quality products, great customer support, and have service centers in different places around the country. Regarding the epoxy paint for metal I have a preference for the products of the brands listed below.
5 Things You need to consider when choosing the epoxy paint for metal
There are some things you should consider when buying a epoxy paint for metal. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a epoxy paint for metal. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
1. Budget and price matching
Make a list of the things you want in your epoxy paint for metal and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most epoxy paint for metals fall within the price range of $ 89 to $ 76.99. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the Direct to Metal DTM Paint – 1 Gallon 2-Part Epoxy Coating – White.
If you want something medium range, choose TotalBoat TotalProtect Epoxy Barrier Coat System (White, Quart). If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the Custom Shop – Black Epoxy Primer/Sealer 2.1 VOC (1/2 Gallon Kit) Anti-Corrosive DTM High-Performance Primer for Automotive and Industrial use Kit = 1 Qt. Epoxy Primer +1 Qt. Epoxy HDR.(1-1 Mix)
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the epoxy paint for metal you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is Custom Shop – Black Epoxy Primer/Sealer 2.1 VOC (1/2 Gallon Kit) Anti-Corrosive DTM High-Performance Primer for Automotive and Industrial use Kit = 1 Qt. Epoxy Primer +1 Qt. Epoxy HDR.(1-1 Mix)
3. The brand
Buying the epoxy paint for metal from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your epoxy paint for metal to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a epoxy paint for metal from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
5. Check out our website
On our website we have experts in all categories and no matter what the product is, we have a better review or list about it. The products on our list are based on expert picks, advice and hours of research. That’s why when you buy something that’s listed on our best list, you won’t regret it. However, there is a possibility that we may not have covered the product you might be interested in, but if you come across something like this, please let us know via comments or contact us.
What is the best epoxy paint for metal?
The best epoxy paint for metal is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is Direct to Metal DTM Paint – 1 Gallon 2-Part Epoxy Coating – White
Are there any good deals on epoxy paint for metal?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best epoxy paint for metal and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest epoxy paint for metal?
Although most of the cheaper epoxy paint for metal do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on Custom Shop – Black Epoxy Primer/Sealer 2.1 VOC (1/2 Gallon Kit) Anti-Corrosive DTM High-Performance Primer for Automotive and Industrial use Kit = 1 Qt. Epoxy Primer +1 Qt. Epoxy HDR.(1-1 Mix)
Where can I buy the epoxy paint for metal?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best epoxy paint for metal
We hope you liked the epoxy paint for metals that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,